Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices including researching invoice, auditing, and preparation of journal entries as necessary. Conduct of all functions should be done as efficiently as possible.
- A/P Sub-system
- Work with Ariett invoicing system to review invoices
- Work with Concur to review expense reports
- Review invoices and expense reports daily for authenticity, accuracy, approvals and verify coding to the approved budget
- Submit or reject expenses based on accuracy or prepare emails to resolve issues as required
- Research and investigate invoice/vendor problems
- Check Runs/Great Plains
- Prepare check run and print checks when AP Coordinator is not available
- Transmit checks info to bank (Positive Pay online process) when AP Coordinator is not available
- Prepare checks for mailing when Administrative Assistant is not available
- Data entry of invoices into accounting system as needed
- Run A/P reports
- Ariett/Concur Training
- One-on-one sessions
- Group sessions
- Vender/Staff Relations
- Answer questions related to A/P and interface with vendors
- Answer phones and interface with staff and vendors
- Assist with preparation of 1099’s
- Assist with preparation of work papers for audit
- Assist as needed in budget preparation
- Prepare manual sheet for approval
- Key info into SunTrust OTM
- Obtain confirmation from SunTrust
- Scan into Ariett for processing
- Special projects as assigned
Reports to Sr. Director, Financial Transactions.
Maintains effective relationships with NAB staff.
Maintains effective relationships with vendors and other external partners.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Minimum of two years experience in transaction processing.
Minimum Skills and Attributes:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position. Ability to ensure continual innovation in process is essential.
Automated accounting software experience and report writer. Strong Microsoft Office skills. Ability to meet daily deadlines and work in a fast paced office environment. Detail oriented.
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral communication – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Quality management – the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment – the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/ organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time effectively and develops realistic action plans.
- In-depth knowledge of spreadsheet and word-processing applications within a Windows environment.
- Must be familiar with DC sales tax rules.